Friday, November 14, 2008
Adios Oxygen!!
I took Ada to the cardiologist yesterday and I have great news. She is now off the oxygen. YES! We are tube free!! Praxair come and get your concentrator and get these da** tanks out of my house! I skipped out of the clinic I was so excited. The echo on her heart looked amazing. He said that she no longer had a residual VSD and her heart pressures were normal. I wanted to cry I was so happy. If you would have told me 4 months ago that this day would come I would have laughed in your face. We went from day to day in survival mode. I don't think Andy and I slept in the same bed for months when Ada went through all of her surgeries. We both took turns spending the night at the hospital with Ada while the other one went home to see to the other children. It seemed like it would never end. But through it all Andy and I felt peace. What seemed like mission impossible became possible through many answered prayers. Andy and I were talking about when she had her first surgery and how much pain she was in and they had given her all the pain medication that they could. Andy rocked her while she writhed in pain and there was nothing to be done but pray. 2008 will go down as the worst and best year of our lives. We have never felt so close to the Lord as we have this year. We have been humbled. I hope that my family can learn from the Nephites and always remember that our blessings come from the Lord and to not become prideful. It seems like we as humans are either beginning a new trial, in the middle of a trial, or ending a trial. I know that I am happiest when ending a trial, but know that these trials are a part of the plan. It's so that we can be perfected. I know that the Lord answers prayers. I have felt His love for me and my family. He knows what we are capable of. (And apparently I need a lot of perfecting) I just want to be the mother that is talked about in my patriarchal blessing. I want to be steadfast and raise a righteous generation that will serve the Lord. I pray that Ada will reach her full potential that the Lord has in store for her. I am looking forward to what this next year will bring. (It can't be worse than this last year!) All in all I am so greatful for my testimony of the gospel and am greatful for the BEST HUSBAND IN THE WORLD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
You and your family, and the strength you ALL have amazes me everyday!
OK your post made me cry. I am soo happy that ada is doing so well. YOu and Andy have been such great examples to us and I am sure 2009 will be amazing for your whole family. We love you guys!
Hi Jodi & Andy, it's Wendy & Jake. The pictures of your family are so cute. Ada is getting so big. We've never even seen her only in pictures. We are excited to get to see her at Thanksgiving. I wanted to let you know we have a blog too. It's http://jakeandwendyparduhn.blogspot.com. we love keeping in touch this way. See ya soon.
I am so glad that Ada is doing so much better! YOu are an amzing women. I hope 2009 brings you MANY joys. I love you Toad!
I have set my blog to private so please email your email address so I can add you.
my email is daniegirl_@hotmail.com
Thanks Danielle
Post a Comment