After a chaotic morning of getting the kids off to school, Ada and I ran to Walmart to grab few things. I needed treats for the soccer game on Saturday, a birthday present for Mason's friend, and Easter basket "stuff". I was just checking out when I looked up and noticed the lady in the next line had a little girl in her cart with Down Syndrome. After I checked out I approached them. It turns out she is six years old and her name is Jodi too. She can talk and she sings Ada a sweet song. Then she asks if Ada can go home with her. The lady who is with her is not her mother but a neighbor who watches her while her mom works. The lady says that her mom and dad spent every minute they had working with her. This Jodi is the youngest in her family too, like Ada. We say our goodbyes and as I walk away I have mixed emotions. I feel empowered and guilty. Empowered to do more, to spend more time with Ada, playing and learning. I feel guilty because I don't feel like I have done all that I can. I feel like I have let cleaning the house, blogging, doing things for me take priority over Ada. Keeping in mind I have other children whose needs and wants need to be taken care of as well. I pray that the Lord will help me prioritize and help me stay motivated.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Just a Few Thoughts
After a chaotic morning of getting the kids off to school, Ada and I ran to Walmart to grab few things. I needed treats for the soccer game on Saturday, a birthday present for Mason's friend, and Easter basket "stuff". I was just checking out when I looked up and noticed the lady in the next line had a little girl in her cart with Down Syndrome. After I checked out I approached them. It turns out she is six years old and her name is Jodi too. She can talk and she sings Ada a sweet song. Then she asks if Ada can go home with her. The lady who is with her is not her mother but a neighbor who watches her while her mom works. The lady says that her mom and dad spent every minute they had working with her. This Jodi is the youngest in her family too, like Ada. We say our goodbyes and as I walk away I have mixed emotions. I feel empowered and guilty. Empowered to do more, to spend more time with Ada, playing and learning. I feel guilty because I don't feel like I have done all that I can. I feel like I have let cleaning the house, blogging, doing things for me take priority over Ada. Keeping in mind I have other children whose needs and wants need to be taken care of as well. I pray that the Lord will help me prioritize and help me stay motivated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Jodi although you may, there is no need to feel guilty. You are a wonderful mother and I know that you do all that you possible can to take care of your children! You are human and there is only so much that we can possibly and physically do in a day! You are such a great example to your children and Ada has come to be where she is at because you have spent the time! Keep up the good work! Your awesome!:)
Jodi you seriously are so amazing and do not even think any different or I will whoop your A. Honestly you are so strong and are such an example to all of us. Hang in there and remember you are AMAZING!!
Girl-You are crazy! I believe it's totally natural to feel that way. However, from the outside looking in, I can do nothing but applaud your abilities. You are an AMAZING working mother of four, and a fabulous wife to boot. Take advantage of every moment you have with each of your kids individually, and then remember to take time for yourself!
Jodi you are one of the most amazing people I know! I look at you and wonder how in the world you do all that you do! You are stronger than you know and Heavenly father knows exactly how great you really are! Your kids are so lucky to have such a great mom! Love ya
Post a Comment