Monday, June 16, 2008

Jealous

I know that I just posted last night, but I have to get this off my chest. I called the surgeon's office today to get "a feel" for how the schedule looked for this week. The coordinator (who I am sure is sick of hearing from me) still didn't have an answer for me. She said that Dr. Hawkins had been in surgery all morning and that she didn't have a chance to talk to him yet. I thanked her and hung up. Tears came to my eyes, he had been in surgery all morning. Someone else had their surgery behind them. I was jealous of these people. Their child's heart surgery was over. I wanted so badly for it to be Ada. My nerves are shot, I am tired, and I want this to be over. I don't mean to complain, but I really want this surgery to be behind me so that I can move forward with my life, so that I can come out of hiding with Ada. I pray that all will work out.

10 comments:

Winters Outloud said...

I'm sorry! That must be so frustrating!!! I'm praying for you. Please call if you need anything! Caren (378-5967)

Kimberly said...

You know that I am always here if you need anything! The Lord knows best and our time sometimes is not the same time that he has. (and it sucks sometimes)Just part of our test I guess. Hope you can get some clarification soon.
Kimberly 921-9293

. said...

Hey Jodi! I found your blog by complete chance tonight. I have no idea how or if I could do it again but I'm glad I did. I hope you don't mind me peeking in on you. The last time I saw you I think you had just two kids. Time goes by so fast.
Your kids are beautiful! I have to say that I have been very touched by what you have written about your daughter. I will keep her in my prayers and pray for her surgury to go well.
Still love ya,
Mandy {ivie}

jami said...

hang it there Jodi. Things are going to work out and Ada is going to be stronger than ever. We love you guys

Carolee said...

Hang in there you guys. You are doing an amazing job. Have faith in the Lord that He knows what you and your family need. We miss you guys very much and hope that all will go well in the very near future. We love ya.

Snedaker Family said...

You are in our prayers! We think about you all the time! We love you!

Beck said...

Hang in there girl. She is the cutest thing EVER!! I love her so much and you have no idea how grateful I am to have her in the family. Love you to and we pray for you guys all the time!

Christina said...

Hi, I found your blog and wanted to post a note about congenital heart defects.

My son Jacob is 13 months old now and was born with a heart defect: Transposition of the Great Arteries (TGA). We did not know before he was born and he had to be emergency transfered to PCMC. He had open heart surgery at Primary Children's when he was 5 days old.

I am part of a support group called Intermountain Healing Hearts. I do not know if you have seen the posters about our group in the cardiology department when you have been there for appointments. We have over 90 families with children who have various CHD and even some CHD adults in the group!

The group website is: www.IntermountainHealingHearts.org
We also have a Yahoo group for email exchange.

Please let me know if we can be of help to your family in anyway.

Christina Davis
christina@intermountainhealinghearts.org
www.jacobsheart.blogspot.com

itsahalesofalife said...

My heart breaks for you! I am so sorry that the surgery has been delayed. I would be so frustrated. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I love ya Toad!

Brittany said...

We are praying for you too! What a process this all has been for your family! We have a new blog address. This should take you there. I hope that all goes well!