Thursday, October 23, 2008
No Clots
Just to assure everyone, Ada's arm is okay. She has had some swelling and discoloration of her right arm. I took her up to Primarys to have a doppler (ultrasound) of her arm. Her arteries and veins looked great. There was no blockage. But initially the doctor and I could not figure out why it was swollen and discolored. After some brainstorming and me explaining her last two surgeries, it donned on me......the surgeon had removed and ligated a bunch of lymphatic vessels and nodes....lymphedema. Ding ding ding we have a winner! What kind of nurse am I? Why did I not think of that before? I guess because I was more worried that it was a blood clot more than anything. But things look great. I am so relieved!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Yeah!! I'm glad it ended up being that :) I feel like we haven't seen you guys in forever!
Post a Comment