Saturday, April 26, 2008

Things I've Learned

Since I started having children there are a few things that I have learned:
  • You stop listening to your favorite music in the car and listen to Fisher Price songs, or play a movie just to keep the kids from screaming
  • change the boy baby diapers as fast as you can, and duck!
  • When your son scores his first goal in soccer, the parents are more excited than the child is. (That would have been me today at Mason's soccer game)
  • You can never pack enough changes of clothes or diapers
  • You pack up the pantry and toy chest to make it through three hours of church
  • You can never get enough hugs and kisses
  • Your child's frustrations become your frustrations
  • A bribe can go a long way (oops not a bribe an incentive)
  • Pray for the strength to do the Lord's will, and the courage to accept it
  • Just keep a goin'!
  • That the tooth fairy is poor.
  • Being a mom to four wonderful children is the greatest thing in the whole wide world!!
  • That it's okay to ask for, and allow people to help
  • A car ride is great, because you can legally restrain your children

4 comments:

itsahalesofalife said...

I love it! I think your on to some real truth's there.

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

Hey Jody, it's the Adamson's. I found you through Jamie's Blog. I can't believe your sweet Ada is getting so big. It seems like yesterday when Russ and I ran into you at Costco pregnant. You are so strong and your sweet baby is so beautiful. Our sweet little guy was born at the end of Jan. We just found out that he is not tracking with his eyes. We have gone to a specialist and they may be sending us to SLC next month to do testing on his brain. I hope you don't mind me leaving a comment on your blog.

jami said...

That is too funny. I loved it

KristenJohnson said...

I could not relate more!!! This sounds exactly like my life!