Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Health Insurance

It has been one fight after another with our health insurance coverage. Don't get me wrong the coverage is great, it's just gettting them to actually pay for things. I got a letter in the mail saying that Ada's last Synagis shot was not covered. This is a shot that immunizes for RSV. It is very expensive and only high risk babies/children receive it and it has to be preapproved. So the letter was telling Andy and I that we owed $2200.00 to our provider. I about peed my pants. Needless to say I have been on the phone for the last two days trying to figure this out. Finally the doctors office came back and said that it was their mistake. Few! That was a relief. Especially since she is to get another one of these shots on Friday. Too much red tape. Did I hear someone say kids are cheep? I can't wait for summer and for Ada to get through her surgery so that I can relax a little!

1 comment:

Cutler Family said...

You amaze me...and I love you!