Friday, July 11, 2008

A New Day

Andy stayed with Ada last night. He said that she had a great night. If it weren't for all the hospital interruptions she would have slept through the night. The nurse practitioner pulled out her pacer wires. These are wires that sit right on the heart so in case that the heart is not beating properly they can send an electrical current to help the heart beat appropriately. She does not need them anymore. Her chest x-ray looked better today, but there is still some fluid around her right lung. So they are going to continue with the iv lasix today. She is going to have an echocardiogram done. This is an ultrasound of the heart. It takes pictures of the heart to make sure that it is beating well and can see the vsd repair to make sure the surgical site looks well. It also shows the direction of blood flow to make sure that its going in the right direction. She is more comfortable and does not seem to be in much pain. She is eating well also. I think that we have turned a corner and that she is on the up and up. I cannot believe how fast she has recovered. We want to thank all of you who have prayed in our behalf. Thanks to family who have helped with our other children and neighbors who have mowed our lawn and those who have lent a listening ear and given us support. We could not have done this without you. And of course we need to thank our Heavenly Father who has blessed us in so many ways. When I look back and think wow how did I do that, I know that the Lord helped pull us through. THANKS!!! MUCHAS GRACIAS!! SPASEEBO! (Andy says that is how you say thank you in Russian)

No comments: