Thursday, July 10, 2008

Still Truckin'

Last night was a little better than the first night. She slept really well until midnight. Then the nurse came and checked her vital signs (which all look good) so Ada woke up. I fed her a bottle and we gave her some Tylenol. I laid her back down and she didn't go back to sleep. She was antsy and fussy. That was how it was the rest of the night. She would cough and wake herself up. Now the diarrhea has started. (OH NO!) I would have to hold her standing up and bouncing to get her to calm down. Her chest xray this morning showed that she has a pleural effusion which is fluid around her right lung. So they have put her back on lasix iv. Hopefully that will pull off the fluid, if not then they will have to put in a chest tube. I pray that IT WORKS! Last night when she would cry she would say, "mmmommm." It was so sad! But I will say, that she wants to play with her blankets, which she has always done at home. So one small step back will hopefully lead to one GIANT leap forward.

No comments: