Thursday, February 5, 2009
Up for the Challenge
What an exhausting week this has been. Cole had a hard time on Sunday and it threw me for a loop. It was a reminder to me that we can't stop his therapies. But cost is a big issue. Because of the cost I inquired of our health insurance. They will cover speech and occupational therapy IF.... its not for autism or down syndrome. NICE! Those are the two reasons that I need it. Although there is some hope. Some legislatures here in Utah and other states around the US are working to pass a law that will make insurances cover these therapies for autism. I of course, promptly emailed our legislator. Who knows what will happen. I am praying. Andy and I spent all day yesterday making phone calls to different people that would possibly take BCBS. I set an appointment for next week with one of them that I even remotely felt good about. He has been going to another center. We asked them about seeing if they would network through BCBS, but they said no since they wouldn't be able to charge as much as they wanted. So good therapy is only for the rich and privelaged. Whatever! It's been disheartening, but Andy and I keep praying. He's come a long way and I will see to it that he gets what he needs. It's worth the money. It's a good thing Cole is so stinkin cute. On a lighter note, Ada is doing well. She is scooting around the floor and can eat like a madman. She loves to eat! It does my heart good to see her go to town on a piece of pizza. I usually have to tell her when she is done or she would just keep eating. Right now she is healthy. Mason and Sydney are doing well in school and love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
jodi we will definitely keep you and Cole in our prayers. If there is anything we can do to help you with your fight let us know. I am really good at calling and yelling at dumb people!!!
Post a Comment