Okay, so I have to tell you what my son Cole did yesterday. To give you some background Cole has Sensory Integration Disorder/ and is on the Autism Spectrum. We have been doing a lot of therapy with him and he is doing really well. Anyway....he had been at the Kmetzsch's , our next door neighbors, playing. He came bursting in my door saying, "I need my jammies on!" Remember that it is 4:00pm and I am thinking it is too early to put jammies on. I wasn't going to argue, especially since I was on the phone. He went to his room, got his pajamas and brought them to me. We put them on and then he went looking for his cozy or blanket. He then came to me, remember I am still on the phone, and he wanted help. "Help me." I could not figure out what he wanted me to do with the blanket. He finally grabbed it from me and started to shove it down his jammie shirt. Then when that was accomplished, he said, "I need my shoes to go to Carter's house." It then dawned on me that they were probably playing some game over there. I put his shoes on, took a picture, and sent him on his way, after which I called my neighbor. Her boys have the zip up jammies with feet in them. They had been sliding down the stairs and zipped upt blankets in their jammies so soften the blow. Cole wanted to do what they were doing, so he came home and got all geared up. I laughed my head off! I love this boy and love to see him make improvements, and boy this is a big one!
Friday, January 9, 2009
"I Want my Jammies On!"
Okay, so I have to tell you what my son Cole did yesterday. To give you some background Cole has Sensory Integration Disorder/ and is on the Autism Spectrum. We have been doing a lot of therapy with him and he is doing really well. Anyway....he had been at the Kmetzsch's , our next door neighbors, playing. He came bursting in my door saying, "I need my jammies on!" Remember that it is 4:00pm and I am thinking it is too early to put jammies on. I wasn't going to argue, especially since I was on the phone. He went to his room, got his pajamas and brought them to me. We put them on and then he went looking for his cozy or blanket. He then came to me, remember I am still on the phone, and he wanted help. "Help me." I could not figure out what he wanted me to do with the blanket. He finally grabbed it from me and started to shove it down his jammie shirt. Then when that was accomplished, he said, "I need my shoes to go to Carter's house." It then dawned on me that they were probably playing some game over there. I put his shoes on, took a picture, and sent him on his way, after which I called my neighbor. Her boys have the zip up jammies with feet in them. They had been sliding down the stairs and zipped upt blankets in their jammies so soften the blow. Cole wanted to do what they were doing, so he came home and got all geared up. I laughed my head off! I love this boy and love to see him make improvements, and boy this is a big one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
SO CUTE! I love the tongue sticking out! That is something Doyle Willis would do!!
Cole you are such a cute kid! I think that is hilarious! I love when kids do the funniest things and are so easily entertained. So good to hear that you are all doing well. We really should get together sometime!
What a stinker!
Post a Comment