Okay so here is the plan for today. Ada's drainage is still low, so the doctor wants an echo done. Then hopefully we will pull the drain out tomorrow. Then they will keep her another day to make sure she tolerates things okay. So maybe Thursday or Friday she can come home. He wants her to come home on oxygen because he thinks that its helped slow the drainage. So a couple of weeks on oxygen and four to six weeks on the Portagen (nasty tasting formula). Hallelujah, I can see the light!!!!! She is smiling and talking and telling everyone that she is the best. In fact the nurse came and got Ada this morning to take her down for her chest x-ray. When they brought her back they sat her at the nurses station and talked to her and got her laughing. Everyone just can't help but love Ada!!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
I Can See the Light!!
Okay so here is the plan for today. Ada's drainage is still low, so the doctor wants an echo done. Then hopefully we will pull the drain out tomorrow. Then they will keep her another day to make sure she tolerates things okay. So maybe Thursday or Friday she can come home. He wants her to come home on oxygen because he thinks that its helped slow the drainage. So a couple of weeks on oxygen and four to six weeks on the Portagen (nasty tasting formula). Hallelujah, I can see the light!!!!! She is smiling and talking and telling everyone that she is the best. In fact the nurse came and got Ada this morning to take her down for her chest x-ray. When they brought her back they sat her at the nurses station and talked to her and got her laughing. Everyone just can't help but love Ada!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
Yea!! I hope you guys are all able to come home soon. Have a great Tuesday!
What a beautiful girl! I am so happy to see her smile! I bawled my eyes out. We are praying our hearts out that she has crossed the last hurdle! Kiss her for me!
Love,
Aunt Marsha
Look at that smile! I hope that it all improves quickly! All the best.
Jodi - sooo happy to see Ada smiling and so happy! She has been in our prayers and I hope you are home again soon - I'm so happy that she is doing better - we have been so worried about your darling girl!
Hope your kiddos have a GREAT time at school and preschool - it is kind of bittersweet isn't it! Hold on to those moments, cause before your know it - your little Wimmers will be as big as mine!!!
Continuing in prayers for Ada's full recovery and I can't wait to see how big her smile is when she's finally home!!!
Hugs!
Have I told you how much I love her!!
She is so dang cute! What a great smile! I hope you get her home this week.
I don't know if you remember me, but I came to visit you when Ada was first born.
It is so nice to hear some good news! That is wonderful. She is an absolutely doll. And I hope that everything continues to get better.
Maren & Paxton
Jodi--I think about you and your family often (even if I haven't met your cute kids)! You are an inspiration! I hope I can see you sometime soon! We just moved back from D.C. to SLC for law school. We're close again!
I miss you a lot..
Katie (Barney) Kolowich
It sounds as though things are on the up and up! I hope all goes well. Ada is so beautiful! Love you!
Post a Comment