Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Out of the PICU

Ada has just been transferred out the the PICU. She looks good today. She is uncomfortable but rests well when we medicate her. As far as the surgery goes we won't know if the surgeon was successful or not about finding the leak for a couple of days. He just went in and started clipping any lymphatic vessels around the heart. Unfortunately, children with Down Syndrome generally have a large amount of lymphatic vessels, so this could pose a problem. He clipped and glued his way around her chest cavity. Hopefully it worked. So now its a wait and see game. It's hard to be patient, but every blessing that Andy and I have received we are told to be patient. That is not an attribute that I have, but apparently will have to learn.

3 comments:

Athack77 said...

I'm so glad that the surgery went well. Hoepfully this will be the last surgery Ada will need. It felt wonderful to fast for her yesterday; to be able to atleast do something!! Please know how loved you guys are!! Keep us posted!

Winters Outloud said...

Very positive to hear Ada is out of the PICU! Please let me know if your need anything. I have moved and my new number is 406-9109. Love you!
Caren

jaime said...

Thinking of you and your family.. thank you so much for letting us in.. jaime turner ( from the Ward)